- Parent Corner-Discovery Education - The free Web site is filled with interactive digital content that engages learners and supports achievement at home
- Early Childhood Connections
- Get NetWise
Internet safety site
Internet safety site
- National PTA
"Oldest and largest volunteer association in the United States working exclusively on behalf of children and youth."
Internet safety site
- Parent's Journal
The Parent's Journal is a weekly national radio series for parents,
grandparents, and others who care for and about children.
- PTO Today
"The Home of America's 80,000 K-8 parent-teacher groups ... has original articles, tips, idea-sharing and more."
Online safety information.
- Math Challenges for Families
- 80 puzzles that feature real-world math topics. Families can practice those important math skills and have fun at the same time.
- Everyday Math Family Resources
- Building partnerships between families, schools and communities. Specializing in information for parents of children with developmental disabilities in Michigan.
- Superb site with tips and articles for parents on special education advocacy.
- National Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- Outstanding site designed by the National Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities. Thousands of useful articles. Site is available in Spanish. Also check "Zigawhat" - the pages created for kids with disabilities and chronic illness.
- ARC Michigan
- Advocacy organization for persons with developmental disabilities in Michigan. Includes the Family Information Exchange.
- Citizen's Alliance to Uphold Special Education. Michigan's parent information center for special education issues.
- LD On Line
- This site covers all aspects of learning disabilities.
- Misunderstood Minds
- A companion site to a PBS show on learning differences and disabilities. Includes information and resources for parents.
- Middle School Partnership
- Outstanding site for middle school educators and parents. You can find the latest research, articles, and links to resources.
- Family Education Network
- Online consumer network of the world's best learning and information resources, personalized to help parents, teachers, and students of all ages take control of their learning and make it part of their everyday lives.
- Michigan PTA
- This site offers information on legislative activities, current topics, events, and discussion archives.
- Michigan Schools in the Middle
- Central Michigan University's site for middle grades research and professional development.
- GT World
- An on-line support community for parents of gifted and talented children.
- TAG - Families of the Talented and Gifted
- Support and resources for parents of gifted and talented students.
- LD Resources
- Free online newsletter for the learning disabilities community. Outstanding list of links to organizations and resources.
- ADD Helpline
- Provides information and support to parents of children with ADD and ADHD.
- Search Institute
- "Raising caring and responsible children and teenagers." Explore the forty developmental assets our young people need and learn how to help them become well -rounded individuals.
- Family Movie Guide
- Provides descriptions of films to help parents select films appropriated for their families.
- Objective reviews of popular videos and movies evaluating them by profanity, sexual and violent content.
- Super Kids Software Reviews
- Reviews of educational software.
- Searchable database of reviews of over 7000 educational materials including software, databases, websites and print materials.
Family FUNdamentals Home Learning Activities
A child's ability to succeed in school takes a partnership-one that begins at home and continues in school. To increase learning and stop the summer learning decline, the Michigan Department of Education has developed summer literacy activities for preschool, pre-kindergarten, and early elementary students to practice at home.
These activities are being distributed on a pilot basis as part of our ongoing effort to help teachers teach and children learn. Activities are aligned with the Michigan Curriculum Framework, Michigan Literacy Progress Profile and the No Child Left Behind Act.
Grade Level Content Expectation Parent's Guides
A Parent's Guide to Grade Level Content Expectations booklet is intended to give parents an overview of the Grade Level Content Expectations. It is a tool to facilitate communication between parents and teachers enabling parents to be a partner in their child's education.
Reading is Fundamental
"Research shows that parents' involvement in their children's reading is critical to raising lifelong readers," visit this site to learn more!
American Library Association Parents and Caregivers Page
Great information from The American Library Association's Association for Library Service to Children.
Michigan Department of Education
The Web site of the Michigan Department of Education.
Students.gov is an official U.S. government web site designed for college students and their families.
Parent/Family Sites | Curriculum-Related Sites | Learning Disabilities Sites | Learning Styles, Theories and Issues | Organizations | Parenting Adolescents | Reviews | Elementary | Middle School | High School